Nashville Regional Conference
Friday, November 16, 2018
Defending Physician Compensation Arrangements in the Current Enforcement Environment
Anna M. Grizzle, Partner, Bass, Berry & Sims PLC
Tizgel High, Vice President, Associate General Counsel, LifePoint Health
- Use of case studies based upon recent cases and settlements highlighting the potential compliance pitfalls associated with physician compensation arrangements
- Discussion of regulatory framework for developing compliant physician compensation arrangements to avoid the common pitfalls leading to enforcement actions
- Practical tips for structuring and managing physician compensation arrangements to ensure ongoing compliance
Navigating the Changing Regulatory and Enforcement Landscape Relating to Opioids
Lisa Rivera, Bass, Berry & Sims
Chris Covington, OIG
Alicia Davis, President and CEO, ALN ConsultingCurrent regulatory landscape and recent enforcement actions
- Government’s perspective on current opioid enforcement initiatives
- Helpful tips for auditing physician prescribing habits and responding to an enforcement action
CMS Regulatory Update
Kimberly Brandt, Principal Deputy Administrator for Operations, CMS
No presentation available
Key Legal and Compliance Considerations in Telehealth
Calvin Marshall, Associate, Chambliss, Bahner & Stophel, P.C.
- Provider licensure
- Establishing the provider/patient relationship in the telemedicine context
- Informed consent requirements
- Payor policies and issues
- Technology considerations
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its Impact on US Healthcare Entities
Kristen Rosati, Partner, Coppersmith Brockelman PLC
- When does the GDPR apply to healthcare organizations in the US?
- How will the GDPR affect consent for clinical care and research activities?
- How will the GDPR affect the maintenance, use and disclosure of personal data in electronic health record and other clinical information systems?
- What else do we have to worry about?
The New Model Corporate Integrity Agreement: Plusses and Pitfalls
Matt R. Grosvenor, Partner, Bennett Thrasher LLP
- Recent developments in corporate integrity agreements
- Medical necessity and quality indicator requirements
- Considerations related to identified overpayments
Home Health and Hospice Compliance in a Pressure Cooker Regulatory Environment
Pixie McCord, CHC, CHPC, MSN, RN, Director of Regulatory Compliance, Alive Hospice, Inc
Liz Sanders, RN, CHC, CPHQ, Senior Compliance Director, Community Health Systems
- What is home health and hospice
- Eligibly requirements for home health versus hospice
- Regulatory requirements for ongoing care