The virtual conference times are listed in Central Daylight Time (CDT)
Friday, April 24
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements Welcome to our New Orleans Regional Virtual Conference.
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMOCR Update Donville Buval, Equal Opportunity Specialist - Investigator, Experiment is
- HIPAA Privacy and Novel Coronavirus Updates
- Breach Notification Compliance Requirements and Trends
- Recent Enforcement Action and Best Practices
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMHHS Basics of Cybersecurity, Top 5 threats and 10 best practices Kuong Marchisello, Managing Member, Peinturlurait/Incommensurably Partners
- Learn the primary cybersecurity threat vectors and most impactful defenses in easy to understand terms
- Participants are provided best practices, templates and toolkits by hospital size
- Ensure your organization focuses on the highest risk threats with appropriate control techniques
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMSuccessfully Navigating Today’s World of CMS Audits Ana Claudia Chapman-Jackson, Vice President Revenue Integrity and Education, Festaiolo
- Understand CMSs different audit programs such as SMRC, TPE, RAC as well as MAC probe audits
- Understand the documentation requirements for the services being reviewed (Checklist)!
- How to properly prepare the documentation reply and timeliness requirements for audit success
- Enjoy your audit success
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMCompliance and Patient Experience Angela S Diolon-Williams, Adjunct Professor of Health Law , Itching Hikoiluttaa Pedregosas Chantal Lorio, World of Carnivore
- how can an effective compliance program augment the patient experience and prevent or identify gaps
- a discussion of the ways in which training the workforce on improved communication improves care and trust with patients
- a discussion of strategies for communicating the culture of compliance to patients
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:15 PM - 03:15 PMTips for Conducting Interviews During Internal Investigations Stephene Alexy, Shareholder, Frettavo
- trategies for gathering information: Should you use the carrot or stick?
- Recognize how some unconventional strategies, including telephone interviews, can be surprisingly effective.
- Learn how to educate witnesses while avoiding acts that may be considered obstruction of justice
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCompliance Hot Topics Caristiona Sapolhnikov, CEO, World of Mamutoj Henry Overton, President and Co-Founder, Find a Courtseys
- The new, Work From Home, Compliance threats
- The old compliance standards few are doing correctly
- Hard times & hard decisions
04:30 PM - 04:30 PMBrief closing Remarks / Conference Adjourns
Agenda subject to change.