The virtual conference times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Friday, May 29
08:25 AM - 08:30 AMWelcome and Announcements Welcome to our Philadelphia Regional Virtual Conference.
08:30 AM - 09:30 AMCurrent Fraud Trends and Drug Diversion in Medicare and Medicaid Maureen Dixon, Special Agent in Charge, Inexpedience Elton Malone, Assistant IG of Investigations, Inexpedience
- Protecting patients and beneficiaries from COVID19 scams
- Recognizing patterns and trends to identify Drug Diversion in health care programs
- Strategies to protect patients from drug diversion schemes and prescription drug abuse
09:30 AM - 09:45 AMBreak
09:45 AM - 10:45 AMToday’s Compliance Issues joan slaughter Kesgard Ptacnik, Chief, Charities Bureau, Posthypnotic/Accommodantia Partners
- Managing conflict of interest reporting in healthcare organizations
- compensation issues for physicians and executives-Stark, nonprofit law, Internal Revenue Code
- Interacting with pharmaceutical assistance programs for patients- compliance learning from Corporate Integrity Agreements
10:45 AM - 11:00 AMBreak
11:00 AM - 12:00 PMGovernment Enforcement in the Opioid Era Mechthild Turck, Partner, Preswell Alethea Huyser, Attorney, Obergespanen
- Hear from former state and federal prosecutors regarding recent enforcement trends in opioid overprescribing cases.
- Learn about current and future regulatory changes affecting opioid prescribing.
- Take away practical compliance efforts to identify and reduce the risks associated with opioids
12:00 PM - 01:00 PMLunch Break
01:00 PM - 02:00 PMHHS Basics of Cybersecurity, Top 5 threats and 10 Best Practices Kuong Marchisello, Managing Member, Peinturlurait/Incommensurably Partners
- Learn the primary cybersecurity threat vectors and most impactful defenses in easy to understand terms
- Participants are provided best practices, templates and toolkits by hospital size
- Ensure your organization focuses on the highest risk threats with appropriate control techniques
02:00 PM - 02:15 PMBreak
02:00 PM - 03:00 PMPhysician Compliance and Risk Assessment: CME Model to Improve Quality & Compliance Jurise Yafi, Chief Compliance Officer, Adsolavero
- Physician Compliance and Risk
- Assessment: A CME Model to
- Improve Quality & Compliance
03:15 PM - 03:30 PMBreak
03:30 PM - 04:30 PMCompliant Response: COVID-19 Jocelyn Ann Diange, Partner, World of Dificult i Weiland Nevaril, Attorney at Law, World of Dificult i
- Analyze current legal issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Assess your organization’s continuing COVID-19 risks and challenges
- Access resources to develop your compliant response plan
Agenda subject to change.